Assistant Professor in the field of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Saurabh Pratap, Ph.D., is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing Jabalpur. Previously, he worked as a Post-Doctoral fellow in HKU ziri Lab for Physical Internet at University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong. He received his B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from Institute of Engineering & Technology (India) and M.Tech degree in Production Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering at IIT Kharagpur in the year 2008, 2011 and, 2016 respectively. His teaching interests include non-linear programming, Supply Chain Logistics, Optimization Techniques, generalized linear models, machine learning and data analytics. He has authored several technical papers. His publications appeared in such journals as International Journal of Production Research, Computer and Industrial Engineering, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing etc. He carried out collaborative research with EPFL, Switzerland, The PolyU Hong Kong and The University of Hong Kong.
Internet of Things (IOT), Cloud Manufacturing, E-commerce logistics, Smart Manufacturing
- October 2016-May 2017 Post Doctoral Fellow
University of Hong Kong
- Feb 2016-July 2016 Senior Research Fellow
Sustainable food supply chain (Govt. funded project)
- Oct 2014-Jan 2015 Guest PhD Scholar
EPFL, Laussanne, Switzerland
- July 2017-till now Coordinator SPIC MACAY SOCIETY
SPIC MACAY SOCIETY (Bharat: Discovery of Self)
- Student exchange fellowship, EPFL Switzerland
Student exchange fellowship, EPFL Switzerland.
- Post Doc Fellowship
The University of Hong Kong, HK.
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
E-commerce Logistic & Supply Chain, IOT
- Sustainable Supply Chain Network Design for Logistic Service Providers
Faculty Initiation Grant------
- An integrated Bayesian-Game theoretic approach for product portfolio planning of a multi-attributed product in a duopolistic market, 2016. Journal International Journal of Production Research, 54 (23), Pages 6997-7013.
- Minimizing delay of ships in bulk terminals by simultaneous ship scheduling, stockyard planning and train scheduling, 2015. Journal Maritime Economics & Logistics, 17 (4) 464-492.
- Rule based optimization for a bulk handling port operations, 2015 Journal Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 1-25.
- An integrated decision support system for berth and ship unloader allocation in bulk material handling port, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 106, PP. 386-399
- Integrated Scheduling of Rake and Stockyard Management with Ship Berthing: A Block Based Evolutionary Algorithm, International Journal of Production Research, 54 (14), Pages 4182-4204, Taylor and Francis
- Optimal collaborative transportation service trading in B2B e-commerce logistics, 2017/4 International Journal of Production Research, (Accepted)
- A multi-objective approach to analyze the effect of fuel consumption on Ship Routing and Scheduling Problem, 2017. International Journal of Shipping & Transportation & Logistic (Accepted for Publication)
Developed a Model on Discrete Robust Berth Allocation at Dry Bulk Material Handling Port” (accepted) in XIX Annual International Society of Operations Management Conference, IIM Calcutta.
The robust quay crane allocation for a discrete bulk material handling port, 2015, Conference Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2015 IEEE International Conference, Pages 1174-1178, Publisher IEEE
Decision support system for discrete robust berth allocation, 2015. Journal IFAC-PapersOnLine. 48 (3), Pages 875-880 Publisher Elsevier
Feel free to contact