Assistant Professor in the field of English Language & Literature
Jabbar Al Muzzamil Fareen teaches English, Communication & Literature at PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur. She researches on developing academic and workplace competency based courses. Her research interest includes communication skills, ESP, curriculum development & syllabus design, genre, skills and task based pedagogy and classroom based research. She has published papers related to ESL and ESP in both national and international journals.
English Language Teaching English for Specific Purposes Second Language Pedagogy Curriculum Development & Syllabus Design Needs Analysis Applied Sociolinguistics Genre, tasks and skills based language learning Literature Gender Studies Trauma & Existential Studies Humanities Developmental Studies Travel & Diaspora Studies Comparative Literature & Translation Communication Communication skills (specifically speaking & writing) Business, Technical and Workplace Communication Soft Skills & Personality Development Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Studies Education Developmental Higher Education Challenges & Issues in Higher Education
- MA, MA, M.Phil., MCJ, PGDT, PhD
- - 16 years
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Language, Literature & Communication
- Target Situation Analysis: Industrial Perceptions on Technical Students’ Oral Presentation Skills for Placement in New Normalcy
Sponsored Research Projects Approved As single Investigator, undertaken FIG Project on “Target Situation Analysis: Industrial Perceptions on Technical Students’ Oral Presentation Skills for Placement in New Normalcy” at PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur on February 2021. Amount of grant and duration Rs. 1,70,000/- (8 months)
- B.3.6 - Integrated Skills & their Manifestations: Speaking and Writing
Consultancy Project Type - Module Submission Approved As single Investigator, submitted a training module “B.3.6 - Integrated Skills & their Manifestations: Speaking and Writing” at National Testing Service, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore, June 2009. Amount of grant and duration Rs. 30,000/- (3 months)
- List of Publications
Dr. Jabbar Al Muzzamil Fareen
Research Papers Published in Scopus/WOS Indexed Journals
1. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). Job focus: Revisiting students’ communicative needs and industrial demands. Journal of Language and Education, 4(4), 42-53.
Publisher: National Research University Higher School of Economics, https://jle.hse.ru/
Indexed at: SCOPUS, Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index - ESCI), Russian Index of Scientific Citations (RINC), CiberLeninka, ULRICHS WEB, CrossRef, BAK, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), SSRN, ROAD, ERIH Plus, Journal ITOCs, Google Scholar, Lingistics Absracts Online, Journal TOCs, eLibrary.RU, Turnitin
2. Fareen, J. A. M. (2020). Creating language awareness: Teaching and learning of remedial grammar and vocabulary for effective language use. Applied Linguistics Research Journal, 4(5), 121 – 136. https://doi.org/10.14744/alrj.2020.42104
Indexed & Abstracted by Thomson Reuters Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), (Clarivate), DOAJ, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus International, Researchbib, MLA International Bibliography, BRILL Index Islamicus, ERIH PLUS, ISC
3. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). English for placement purposes: Developing a needs based course for meeting the employment demands of IT industries. Eurasian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 3(1), 49-66. ISSN (E): 21491135. http://www.ejal.eu/index.php/ejal/article/view/105
Indexed by SCOPUS, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI- Clarivate Analytics), CiteFactor, Crossref, Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), EBSCO, ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences), Index of Turkish Education, JournalTOCs, Linguistics Abstracts Online (Wiley-Blackwell), MIAR, MLA International Bibliography, ORE: Open-Access Research in English Language Teaching, ProQuest PsycINFO, ROAD, TUBITAK/ULAKBIM, Ulrichs.
4. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). Workplace Communicative Contexts: Facing Global Challenges in Sustaining Human Resource Development in India. Man in India, 94(4- Part-III), 1019-1028. ISSN: 0025-1569 UGC SERIAL NO. :- 5791
RePec with impact factor of 0.175. It ranked 734 out of 1093 journals under the IDEAS/RePEc
Indexing and Reviews: SCOPUS, Mathematical Reviews, MathSciNet, Index Copernicus, Zentralblatt fur Mathematik, EBSCOhost, Elsevier's Bibliographic Database, Ei Databases Index, EMBASE, EMCare, CAP International, and Indian Sciences Abstract.
Papers Submitted in National & International Refereed Journals
1. Fareen, J. A. M. Business Writing: Developing Effective Email Writing Skills for Corporate Communication. (paper submitted)
2. Fareen, J. A. M. How good are the students in memorizing with or without understanding the content? (paper submitted)
3. Fareen, J. A. M. (2021). Pedagogy and practice: Learning language and soft skills online amidst COVID-19. (paper submitted)
4. Fareen, J. A. M. ESP pedagogy: Use of Internet in developing language and content through productive skills. (paper submitted)
5. Fareen, J. A. M. Shift to online learning: A better alternative? (paper submitted)
6. Fareen, J. A. M. Emerging mobile technologies: Scope and relevance for building digital communication capabilities of XYZ generations. (paper submitted).
Papers Published in National & International Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Fareen, J. A. M. (2022). The Evolution of Twentieth Century ESP Syllabus Design: A Critical Review. Korean TESOL Journal (Forthcoming issue)
2. Fareen, J. A. M. (2022). Digital Learning in Higher Education: A Road to Transformation and Reform. European Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Education, 3(1), 1-5. e02206. E-ISSN: 2732-4362
Indexed and/or abstracted in: Crossref, Google Scholar, SCILIT, Sherpa Romeo
3. Fareen, J. A. M. (2021). English for Placement Purposes: Understanding target specificity to develop professional competence of engineering students. International Journal of Higher Education and Sustainability, 3(4), 304-316.
Indexed at: cnpLINKer (CNPIEC), Google Scholar, ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research), J-Gate and listed in Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
4. Fareen, J. A. M. & Farhana, M. A. M. (2021). Humanitarian precepts and the relevance of Jawaharlal Nehru’s Tryst with Destiny speech and ideals today: A critical review. Journal of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, 55(4), 62-66.
ISSN: 0025-0422 UGC Care List Approved Journals Sciences S. No. 224
5. Fareen, J. A. M. (2020). English language use and usage in formal and social contexts: A critical review. Sambodhi: Indological Research Journal of Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Institute of Indology, 43(03) - (IV), 163-171. ISSN: 2249-6661
(UGC Care Journal) https://lib.ugent.be/catalog/ser01:002106247
6. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). How open-ended oral tasks affect fluency? The Indian Review of World Literature in English (IRWLE), 14(1), 84-89. ISSN(E): 0974-097X. http://www.worldlitonline.net/jan_2018_vol_14/article_14.pdf
Published in UGC approved journal - S.No. 136, Journal No. 20919, Publisher Indian Institute of English Studies.
7. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). Decision making in designing a needs based syllabus for specific purposes. Language Forum, 44(1-2), 7-21. ISSN(P):0253-9071. http://bahripublications.co.in/journal.php?cat_id=35
Indexed at: The Academic Database Assessment Tool (ADAT); MLA International Bibliography; EBSCOhost Database
Distributed online by: THOMSON GALE
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 157, Journal No. 47013, Publisher: Bahri Publications, New Delhi.
8. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). ESP syllabus design: Developing a needs based communicative course to enhance the employability skills of engineering students. Gyanodaya - The Journal of Progressive Education, 10(2), 55-69.
ISSN(P): 0974-1801; ISSN(E): 2229-4422.
Indexed and Abstracted with: MIAR (ICDS - 3.0), Google Scholar, CNKI Scholar, EBSCO Discovery, Summon (ProQuest), Primo and Primo Central, I2OR, Eurasian Scientific Journal Index -ESJI, Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI) and ISRA-JIF.
9. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). Reexploring the needs of engineering students in academics and industry: essentials of speaking and writing. International Journal of Communication, 27(2), 76-99. ISSN(P): 0975-640X.
Indexed at: The Academic Database Assessment Tool (ADAT); MLA International Bibliography; EBSCOhost Database; Cabell Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Distributed online by: THOMSON GALE
10. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). English language use in academic and workplace contexts. Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemporary Issues,15(2), 1-11. ISSN(P): 2229-581X.
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 61, Journal No. 41576, Publisher – Asian, Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune.
11. Fareen, J. A. M. (2016). Achievement or proficiency? Just getting a pass is enough! Global Journal of Foreign Language Teaching. 6(2), 72-84. ISSN (E): 2301-2595.
Indexed by InfoBase Index, BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine), International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR), World Cat– OCLC, CiteFactor, MIAR (Information Matrix for the Analysis of the Journals), Science Library Index, Cosmos Impact Factor, Root Indexing, ResearchBib (Academic Resource Index), Turkish Education Index, Google Scholar, CrossRef, Web of Science (Under Review)
12. Fareen, J. A. M. (2015). Understanding productive skills: Its scope and significance in workplace communication. Literary Vibes: A Refereed National Journal in English Studies, 4(1), 24-34. ISSN(P): 2320-6826.
13. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). Consciousness-raising to learn grammar and practice discourse: Exploring the challenges. International Journal of Linguistics and Literature, 3(2), 21-26. ISSN(P): 2319-3956; ISSN(E): 2319-3964.
Impact Factor(JCC): 4.5675; NAAS Rating : 2.67
Indexed by Ulrich's Directory, Serial Solutions, EBSCO (H. W. Wilson), Scirus, Cabell Publishing, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Ergonomic Abstracts, Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE), Thomson Reuters' RESEARCHERID, ORCiD, Epernicus, Mendeley, Research Gate & Embase, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus, getCITED, Scribd, New Jour.
14. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). The Instrumental Use of Conducting Needs Analysis in ESP Courses: A Taxonomic Introduction. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(2), 63-68. ISSN(P): 2319-393X; ISSN(E): 2319-3948.
Impact Factor(JCC): 4.7985; NAAS Rating : 3.17
Indexed by Ulrich's Directory, Serial Solutions, Ebsco (H. W. Wilson), Scirus, Cabell Publishing, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Ergonomic Abstracts, Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE), Thomson Reuters' RESEARCHERID, ORCiD, Epernicus, Mendeley, Research Gate &Embase, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus, getCITED, Scribd, New Jour.
15. Fareen, J. A. M. (2013). English Communication Today: Problems and Perspectives on Communicating in English in the Technical Colleges of Tamil Nadu. Journal of Advances in English Language Teaching, 1(4), 106-116. ISSN (E): 1805-8957.
Indexed by Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, ResearchBib, Index Copernicus
16. Fareen, J. A. M. (2010). Designing Communicative Needs Based Syllabus for EST Students to meet their demands of Professional Communication. English for Specific Purposes World, 9(30), 1-8. ISSN (E):1682-3257.
Indexed by ERIH; Linguistics Abstracts Online; Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities; Genamics Journal Seek; Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ); LINGUIST List; Journal Finder by WT Cox; New Jour; Google Scholar
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 122, Journal No. 44841, Publisher: TransEarlCo.Ltd.
Creative writing published in International Journals
? Fareen, J. A. M. (2016). Truth. Research Innovator, 3 (4), 4.
? Fareen, J. A. M. (2016). Empathy… empathy… empathy…? Research Innovator, 3 (4), 2.
? Fareen, J. A. M. (2007). Life is to live … An Anthology of poetry on life.
Papers Presented in International Conferences 1. Fareen, J. A. M. & Farhana, M.A.M. (2021). “Humanitarian precepts and the relevance of Jawaharlal Nehru’s Tryst with Destiny speech and ideals today: A critical review” in Online International Conference on Continuity, Consistency and Innovation in Applied Sciences and Humanities (ICCIASH-2021) held on 29-30 July, 2021 at St. Martin's Engg College, Secunderabad, India. 2. Fareen, J. A. M. & Farhana, M.A.M. (2021). “Teacher’s Effectiveness, Chall
Papers Presented in National Conferences 1. Fareen, J. A. M. “English for Professional & Technical Communication” in 35th ELTAI Annual Conference - Teaching English with Technology, Feb 2004 at Anna University, Chennai. 2. Fareen, J. A. M. “Strategies on Teaching Methodologies” in TITCON 2K4, June 2004 at Jayam College of Engineering & Technology, Dharmapuri. 3. Fareen, J. A. M. “The Role of Corporate English in Business Communication” in XETA 2K7, April 2007 at Jayam College of Engineering
International Conferences Attended 1. Attended the TESOL 2022 International Convention & English Language Expo. Online International TESOL Conference held on March 22-25 at Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 2. Online International Conference on Teching and Teacher Education (ICOTTE-2021) held on 11-12th June, 2021 at Biruni University, Istanbul, Turkey. 3. Online 2nd ILTERG Conference, Turkey, held on October 16-17, 2020, Organized by ILTERG (International Language Teacher Education Research Group), foun
International Conferences Attended (Abroad) Curriculum: Re-thinking Learning, Redesigning Teaching”, in Teaching and Learning Conference, Sep 2017 at Sohar University, Oman.
Faculty Development Programme (FDP) Organized An online All India council for Technical Education (AICTE) Teaching and Learning (ATAL) sponsored FDP on Personal Effectiveness has been organized and conducted on 23-27 August 2021 at PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur.
Faculty Development Programme (FDP) Attended 1. Participated in Dept. of Science & Technology sponsored Online FDP on Entrepreneurship & Innovation for 15 days from 26th February to March 11th 2021, Organized by SCEI in association with the Entrepreneurship Promotion and Innovation Cell (EPIC) of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune. 2. Participated in AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "Team Building and Coordination" for 5 days from 15 February to 19th Febru
Training Programmes/Events Organized 1. Worked as a Committee member to organize and conduct Lawn Tennis at 4th Inter IIIT Sports Meet, Gusto, 2020 for four days from 29/02/2020 to 3/3/2020 at PDPM IIITDMJ, Jabalpur. 2. Organized a short-term training programme on English proficiency and soft skills at Jayam College of Engineering and Technology, Dharmapuri in June 2003. 3. Organized “Spell bee” programme at Maha College of Engineering, Salem in July 2010. 4. English Literary Club was estab
Webinar Attended 1. Participated in the 2-Day International Webinar on Delving Deep: Language Skills & Under-Current Personality Traits held on 22nd & 23rd April, 2021 organized by Government Engineering College, Daman (U. T. Administration of DNH & DD). 2. Participated in the Webinar " Connecting the Dots - Time .... Stress .... Work ..... Life" conducted by Professional Trainers’ Club, Thrissur in association with Institution of Engineers (India), Thrissur Local Centre and ATMA Foundation, T
Feel free to contact