Assistant Professor in the field of English Language and Literature
Jabbar Al Muzzamil Fareen teaches English at PDPM Indian Institute of Technology Design & Manufacturing Jabalpur. She researches on developing academic and workplace competency based courses. Her research interest includes communication skills, ESP, curriculum development & syllabus design, genre, skills and task based pedagogy and classroom based research. She has published papers related to ESL and ESP in both national and international journals.
English Language Teaching, English for Specific Purposes, English for Academic & Professional Purposes, Curriculum Development & Syllabus Design, Needs Analysis, Applied Sociolinguistics, Second Language Pedagogy, Genre, tasks and skills based language learning, Communication skills (specifically speaking and writing), Business, Technical and Workplace Communication, Developmental Higher Education
- MA, MA, M.Phil., MCJ, PGDT, PhD
- - 15 years
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
ELT, ESP, Second Language Pedagogy
- List of Publications
Dr. Jabbar Al Muzzamil Fareen
Papers Published in National Journals
1. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). Workplace Communicative Contexts: Facing Global Challenges in Sustaining Human Resource Development in India. Man in India, 94(4- Part-III), 1019-1028.
Indexing and Reviews: SCOPUS, Mathematical Reviews, MathSciNet, IndexCopernicusZentralblatt fur Mathematik, EBSCOhost, Elsevier's bibliographic database, Ei databases index, EMBASE, EMCare, CAP International, and Indian Sciences Abstract.
2. Fareen, J. A. M. (2015). Understanding Productive Skills: Its Scope and Significance in Workplace Communication. Literary Vibes: A Refereed National Journal in English Studies, 4(1), 24-34. ISSN(P): 2320-6826.
Papers Published in International Journals
1. Fareen, J. A. M. (2010). Designing Communicative Needs Based Syllabus for EST Students to meet their demands of Professional Communication. English for Specific Purposes World, 9(30), 1-8. ISSN (E):1682-3257.
Indexed by ERIH; Linguistics Abstracts Online; Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities; Genamics Journal Seek; Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ); LINGUIST List; Journal Finder by WT Cox; Google Scholar
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 122, Journal No. 44841, Publisher: TransEarl Co.Ltd.
2. Fareen, J. A. M. (2013). English Communication Today: Problems and Perspectives on Communicating in English in the Technical Colleges of Tamil Nadu. Journal of Advances in English Language Teaching, 1(4), 106-116. ISSN (E): 1805-8957.
Indexed by Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, ResearchBib, Index Copernicus
3. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). Consciousness-Raising to Learn Grammar and Practice Discourse: Exploring the Challenges. International Journal of Linguistics and Literature, 3(2), 21-26. ISSN(P): 2319-3956; ISSN(E): 2319-3964.
Impact Factor(JCC): 4.5675; NAAS Rating : 2.67
Indexed by Ulrich's Directory, Serial Solutions, Ebsco (H. W. Wilson), Scirus, Cabell Publishing, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Ergonomic Abstracts, Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE), Thomson Reuters' RESEARCHERID, ORCiD, Epernicus, Mendeley, Research Gate & Embase, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus, getCITED, Scribd, New Jour.
4. Fareen, J. A. M. (2014). The Instrumental Use of Conducting Needs Analysis in ESP Courses: A Taxonomic Introduction. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(2), 63-68. ISSN(P): 2319-393X; ISSN(E): 2319-3948.
Impact Factor(JCC): 4.7985; NAAS Rating : 3.17
Indexed by Ulrich's Directory, Serial Solutions, Ebsco (H. W. Wilson), Scirus, Cabell Publishing, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Ergonomic Abstracts, Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE), Thomson Reuters' RESEARCHERID, ORCiD, Epernicus, Mendeley, Research Gate &Embase, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus, getCITED, Scribd, New Jour.
5. Fareen, J. A. M. (2016). Achievement or proficiency? Just getting a pass is enough! Global Journal of Foreign Language Teaching. 6(2), 72-84. ISSN (E): 2301-2595.
Indexed by InfoBase Index, BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine), International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR), WorldCat – OCLC, CiteFactor, MIAR (Information Matrix for the Analysis of the Journals), Science Library Index, Cosmos Impact Factor, Root Indexing, ResearchBib, Turkish Education Index, Google Scholar, CrossRef
6. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). English for placement purposes: Developing a needs based course for meeting the employment demands of IT industries. Eurasian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 3(1), 49-66. ISSN (E): 21491135.
Indexed by SCOPUS, CiteFactor, Crossref, Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), EBSCO, ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences), Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI- Clarivate Analytics), Index of Turkish Education, JournalTOCs, Linguistics Abstracts Online (Wiley-Blackwell), MIAR, MLA International Bibliography, ORE: Open-Access Research in English Language Teaching, PsycINFO, ROAD, TUBITAK/ULAKBIM, Ulrichs
7. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). Reexploring the needs of engineering students in academics and industry: essentials of speaking and writing. International Journal of Communication, 27(2), 76-99. ISSN(P): 0975-640X.
Indexed at: The Academic Database Assessment Tool (ADAT); MLA International Bibliography; EBSCOhost Database; Cabell Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Distributed online by: THOMSON GALE
8. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). ESP syllabus design: Developing a needs based communicative course to enhance the employability skills of engineering students. Gyanodaya - The Journal of Progressive Education, 10(2), 55-69. DOI:10.5958/2229-4422.2017.00016.0
ISSN(P): 0974-1801; ISSN(E): 2229-4422.
Indexed and Abstracted with: MIAR (ICDS - 3.0), Google Scholar, CNKI Scholar, EBSCO Discovery, Summon (ProQuest), Primo and Primo Central, I2OR, ESJI, DRJI and ISRA-JIF.
9. Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). English language use in academic and workplace contexts. Asian Quarterly:
An International Journal of Contemporary Issues, 15(2). ISSN(P): 2229-581X.
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 61, Journal No. 41576, Publisher – Asian, Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune.
10. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). Decision making in designing a needs based syllabus for specific purposes. Language Forum, 44(1-2), 7-21. ISSN(P): 0253-9071.
Indexed at: The Academic Database Assessment Tool (ADAT); MLA International Bibliography; EBSCOhost Database;
Distributed online by: THOMSON GALE
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 157, Journal No. 47013, Publisher: Bahri Publications, New Delhi.
11. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). How open-ended oral tasks affect fluency? The Indian Review of World Literature in English (IRWLE), 14(1), 84-89. ISSN (E): 0974-097X.
Published in UGC approved journal - S. No. 136, Journal No. 20919, Publisher Indian Institute of English Studies.
12. Fareen, J. A. M. (2018). Job focus: Revisiting students’ communicative needs and industrial demands. Journal of Language and Education, 4(4), 42-53. ISSN (E): 2411-7390
Publisher: National Research University Higher School of Economics, https://jle.hse.ru/
Indexed at: Scopus, Russian Index of Scientific Citations (RINC), Ciber Leninka, ULRICHS WEB, CrossRef, DOAJ, SSRN, ERIH Plus, Journal ITOCs, Google Scholar
Papers yet to be published in Edited Books
Fareen, J. A. M. (2017). A critical review on the evolution of twentieth century ESP syllabus design.
Papers yet to be published in International Journals
Two research papers are presently considered for publication and another two more papers are under reviewing process in the reputed journals of Applied Linguistics and ELT.
Presented a module “B.3.6 - Integrated Skills & their Manifestations: Speaking and Writing” at National Testing Service, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore, Oct 2008.
Creative writing published in International Journals
Faeen, J. A. M. (2016). Truth. Research Innovator, 3 (4), 4.
Fareen, J. A. M. (2016). Empathy… empathy… empathy…? Research Innovator, 3 (4), 2.
Fareen, J. A. M. (2007). Life is to live … An Anthology of poetry on life.
Feel free to contact