Assistant Professor in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dr. Panwar received Ph.D from IIT Roorkee with MHRD teaching assistantship, and subsequently joined Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST), South Korea as a Postdoctoral Fellow with Brain Korea Research Fellowship. He is also associated with Opto-Electro-Structural Lab, KAIST, South Korea as a Visiting Professor. Prior to the current assignment, he was an Assistant Professor at Thapar University, Patiala and NIT Kurukshetra. His major research interest includes microwave absorbers, metamaterials, frequency selective surfaces, microwave imaging, and microwave measurement techniques. Dr. Panwar has strong industry-academia project engagements. He has authored more than 40 research papers in various reputed international journals/conferences like IEEE Transactions, AIP, Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis etc. He has served as an invited speaker and session chair for a number of IEEE conferences/ workshops in India and abroad. He is a recipient of various reputed national and international awards/fellowships. He is also serving as an active technical reviewer of leading International journals like IEEE, IET, Taylor & Francis, and Elsevier etc.
Microwave absorbers, metamaterials, frequency selective surfaces, microwave imaging, microwave measurement techniques and electromagnetic characterization of heterogeneous nanocomposites
- Ph.D, 2015
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
Broadband Radar Absorbing Materials Using Fractal Frequency Selective Surface (FSS) for Stealth Applications
- Postdoctorate, 2016
Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST) South Korea
Development of Scanning Free Space Microwave Measurement System for Performance Evaluation of Radome and Stealth Based Advanced Electromagnetic Structures
- - Visiting Professor, KAIST, South Korea (Dec. 2016-Jan. 2017)
- - Asst. Professor, Thapar University, Patiala (2016-17)
- - Postdoctoral Fellow, KAIST, South Korea (2015-16)
- - MHRD Teaching Assistant, IIT Roorkee (2012-15)
- - Assistant Professor, NIT Kurukshetra (2011-12)
- - Assistant Professor, IIIT Jabalpur, Since July 2017
- - Member, Committee to promote the Digital Initiatives of Government of India at IIIT Jabalpur, 2017
- Early Career Research Award, SERB, DST, Government of India
- Visiting Professorship, KAIST, South Korea
- Brain Korea Research Fellowship by Ministry of Education, National Research Foundation (NRF) of the Republic of Korea
- KAIST Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship
- IEEE Magnetic Society-Student Award, Beijing, China
- International Travel Grant (Young Scientist), DST
- Student’s Career Development Fund (SCDF), IIT Roorkee
- Best Research Paper Award (Gold Medal) at NIT Calicut
- Technical reviewer of various reputed International journals of IEEE, IET, Elsevier, Wiley, Taylor & Francis and SPIE
- MHRD Teaching Assistantship, Government of India
- "Top Poster Award" for an effective research contribution under the Swachh Bharat Mission of Govt. of India at SYPOG- Young Scientist's Conclave, India International Science Festival (IISF 2017)
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Microwave Absorbers & Metamaterials
- Dr. Ravi Panwar (PI) An Efficient Use of Discarded Heterogeneous Electronic Waste for Development of Cost Effective Microwave Absorber, DST, Govt. of India, Cost-Rs.43,94,770.
- Ravi Panwar, Smitha Puthucheri, Vijaya Agarwala, Dharmendra Singh, Fractal frequency selective surface embedded thin broadband microwave absorber coatings using heterogeneous composites, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 63, pp. 2
- Ravi Panwar, Smitha Puthucheri, Dharmendra Singh, Vijaya Agarwala, Design of a ferrite-graphene based thin broadband radar wave absorber for stealth applications, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 51, pp. 1-4, 2015.
- Ravi Panwar, Jung Ryul Lee, Progress in frequency selective surface-based smart electromagnetic structures: A critical review, Aerospace Science & Technology (Elsevier), vol. 66, pp. 216-234, 2017. (Most downloaded article of the Journal)
- Ravi Panwar, Daesung Son, Jung Ryul Lee, Novel optimization method of single square FSS impinged and cascaded radar absorbing composites, Advanced Composite Materials (Taylor & Francis), 2017 (Accepted).
- Ravi Panwar, Smitha Puthucheri, Dharmendra Singh, Vijaya Agarwala, Jung Ryul Lee, Microwave absorption properties of FSS impacted composites as a broadband microwave absorber, Advanced Composite Materials (Taylor & Francis), vol. 26, pp. 99-113, 2017.
- Smitha Puthucheri, Isha Singh, Mohd Najim, Ravi Panwar, Dharmendra Singh, Vijaya Agarwala, Ghanshyam Das Varma, Development of thin broadband radar absorbing materials using nanostructured spinel ferrites, Journal of Material Science: Materials in Electro
- Ravi Panwar, Smitha Puthucheri, Vijaya Agarwala, Dharmendra Singh, An efficient use of waste material for development of cost effective broadband radar wave absorber, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications (Taylor & Francis), vol. 29, pp. 1238-
- Ravi Panwar, Vijaya Agarwala, Dharmendra Singh, A cost effective solution for development of broadband radar absorbing material using electronic waste, Ceramic International (Elsevier), vol. 41, pp. 2923-2930, 2015.
- Ravi Panwar, A critical review on reliable, low power and high yield electronic system design, Technology Letters, vol. 2, pp. 5-18, 2015.
- Ravi Panwar, Smitha Puthucheri, Vijaya Agarwala, Dharmendra Singh, Investigation of a novel natural waste composite as a radar wave absorber at X-band, Advanced Science Letters (American Scientific Publishers), vol. 20, pp. 1425-1429, 2014.
- Ravi Panwar, Vijaya Agarwala, Dharmendra Singh, Design and experimental verification of a thin broadband nano-composite multilayer microwave absorber using genetic algorithm based approach, AIP Proc. (American Institute of Physics), vol. 1620, pp. 406-415
- Ravi Panwar, Recent developments, issues and challenges for lithography in ULSI fabrication, International Journal of Electronics and Computer Technology, vol. 1, pp. 702-711, 2012.
- A. Kumar, R. Panwar, D. Kumar, M. Kumar, D. Kumar, Reactively sputtered amorphous MoN films as a diffusion barrier for copper metallization, International Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials-Rapid Communications, vol. 5, pp. 54-57, 2011.
- Ravi Panwar, Asha Dhingra, Dinesh Kumar, Study of thermal stability behaviour of Mon & WN thin films in ULSI, International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, vol. 1, pp. 55-64, 2011.
Feel free to contact