Assistant Professor in the field of Mechanical Engineering
Metal forming – Bulk/Sheet Metal Forming, Microstructure Modeling, Deformation Behavior of Light Weight Metals, Functionally Graded Materials.
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Mechanical Engineering (2018), Metal flow analysis and microstructure modeling of hot upset Al-B4C composite
National Institute of Technology, Trichy
Manufacturing Technology (2013), Experimental investigation on formability and mechanical properties of cryorolled AA5083 alloy sheet metal.
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (Osmania University), Hyderabad.
Mechanical (Production) Engineering (2011)
- May 2018-Nov 2019 Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Malla Reddy Engineering College, Hyderabad
- Nov 2019-May 2020 Adhoc Faculty
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Kurnool
- June 2020-Till date Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur
Current & Previous
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Metal Forming – Bulk/Sheet Metal Forming
- 1. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson. Hot workability and densification behavior of sintered powder metallurgy Al-B4C preforms during upsetting. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 28 (2017) 309 – 318 (SCI, Elsevier, IF= 4.06)
2. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson. Microstructure Modeling of Dynamically Recrystallization Grain Size of Sintered Al–4%B4C Composite during Hot Upsetting. Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology 140(2), 021003. (SCI ASME, IF= 1.354)
3. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson. Modeling Flow Behavior of Sintered Al-4%B4C Composite During High-Temperature Upsetting. Journal of Material Research Express 6(12), 1265f1, 2020. (SCI, IOP Science IF=1.9)
4. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson Analysis of Grain Size Evolution of Sintered Al–4wt%B4C Preforms Subjected to Hot Compression Test. Journal of Metallography, Microstructure and Analysis, 7(2018), 176-183. (ESCI, Spinger).
5. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson. Workability behavior of sintered Al-4%B4C preforms during cold and hot upsetting. Procedia Engineering, 173 (2017) 910–917. (Scopus, Elsevier).
1. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Influence of Temperature on the Workability and Hardness of Sintered Al-4%B4C in Upsetting Test”, 11th International Symposium on Plasticity and Impact Mechanics, IMPLAST 2016 (IIT Delhi).
2. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Densification and flow behavior of sintered Al-4%B4C composite during hot upsetting”, Proceedings of 6th International & 27th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference Pune.
Feel free to contact