Assistant Professor in the field of Mechanical Engineering
Metal forming – Bulk/Sheet Metal Forming, Microstructure Modeling, Deformation Behavior of Light Weight Metals, Functionally Graded Materials. Ultra-Lightweight Nanocomposite Materials, Ultra Fine-grain Structure Materials.
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Mechanical Engineering (2018), Metal flow analysis and microstructure modeling of hot upset Al-B4C composite
National Institute of Technology, Trichy
Manufacturing Technology (2013), Experimental investigation on formability and mechanical properties of cryorolled AA5083 alloy sheet metal.
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (Osmania University), Hyderabad.
Mechanical (Production) Engineering (2011)
- May 2018-Nov 2019 Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Malla Reddy Engineering College, Hyderabad
- Nov 2019-May 2020 Adhoc Faculty
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Kurnool
- June 2020-Till date Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Metal Forming – Bulk/Sheet Metal Forming
- R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Hot workability and densification behaviour of sintered powder metallurgy Al-B4Cpreforms during upsetting”. Journal of Manufacturing Process, 28(2017), 309 – 318. (SCI, Elsevier, IF= 4.086)
- R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, and M.J. Davidson, “Microstructure modeling of dynamically recrystallization grain size of Al-4%B4C composite during hot upsetting”.Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 1401(2) (2018), 021003. (SCI, ASME, IF = 1.354)
- R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson. Modeling Flow Behavior of Sintered Al-4%B4C Composite During High-Temperature Upsetting. Journal of Material Research Express 6(12), 1265f1, 2020. (SCI, IOP Science IF=1.93)
- R. Seetharam, P. Madhukar, G. Yoganjaneyulu.S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson. Mathematical Models to Predict Flow Stress and Dynamically Recrystallized Grain Size of Deformed AA7150-5 wt% B4C Composite Fabricated Using Ultrasonic-Probe Assisted Stir Casting Process. Met. Mater. Int. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-021-00967-y. (SCI, Springer IF=1.99)
- R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu, M. J. Davidson, “Analysis of Grain Size Evolution of Sintered Al–4wt%B4C Preforms Subjected to Hot Compression”, Journal of Metallography, Microstructure and Analysis 7 (2) (2018) 176-183. (ESCI, Springer)
- R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Influence of Temperature on the Workability and Hardness of Sintered Al-4%B4C in Upsetting Test”, Journal of Procedia Engineering, 173 (2017), 910 – 917. (Scopus, Elsevier).
- Pagidi Madhukar, N. Selvaraj, Veeresh Kumar G B, C. S. P. Rao, Faruq Mohammad, R. Seetharam, Murthy CHAVALI. Influence of TiC nano‐particulates on the physical and mechanical properties of AA7150‐TiC MMC: Fabricated by advanced novel process. Nano select, May 2021. DOI: 10.1002/nano.202100094.
1. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Influence of Temperature on the Workability and Hardness of Sintered Al-4%B4C in Upsetting Test”, 11th International Symposium on Plasticity and Impact Mechanics, IMPLAST 2016 (IIT Delhi).
2. R. Seetharam, S. Kanmani Subbu and M. J. Davidson, “Densification and flow behavior of sintered Al-4%B4C composite during hot upsetting”, Proceedings of 6th International & 27th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference Pune.
Feel free to contact