Assistant Professor in the field of Electronics & Communications Engineering
Dr. Dip Prakash Samajdar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Technology (IIITDM) Jabalpur, India since 2017. He received his Ph. D Degree on Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of III-V-Bismide Semiconductors in 2016 from University of Calcutta after the completion of his B.Sc (Physics), B. Tech (RadioPhysics and Electronics) and M. Tech (RadioPhysics and Electronics) Degrees from the same University in 2007, 2010 and 2012 respectively. Till date, he has authored more than 65 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings. His research interest includes DFT Calculations of III-V semiconductor nanostructures (Quantum dots and Quantum Wells) Optoelectronic Properties of III-V semiconductors, III-V nanostructure based Hybrid Solar Cells, Novel Electronic Devices: FinFETs, NC FETs, TEFTs, etc and III-V Quantum Dot Phototdetectors. He is a Senior Member of IEEE.
III-V Semiconductors, DFT Calculations, Solar Cells, NC FinFETs and TFETs
- B. Sc
University of Calcutta
- B. Tech
Institute of RadioPhysics and Electronics
University of Calcutta
Institute of RadioPhysics and Electronics
University of Calcutta
- Ph. D.
University of Calcutta
Experimental and Theoretical Investigation Of The Properties Of Group III-V Bismide Semiconductors
- - Guest Lecturer
Department of Electronic Science, University of Calcutta
- - Assistant Professor
Department of ECE, Heritage Institute of Technology (Kolkata, West Bengal)
- July 2017-April 2018 Associate Sports Counsellor
- May 2018-Till date Sports Counselor
- Senior Member IEEE
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
|EC 549A||Micro and Nano Devices/Nanoelectronics||PG/PhD||IIITDMJ|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Solar Cells and VLSI Devices
- Simulation of Photodetectors based on InSbBiN alloys and Quantum Dot Structures using COMSOL Multiphysics for Long Wave Infrared (LWIR) Applications (Faculty Inititation Grant- 2017-2020)
- Analytical Modelling and Simulation of III-V nanostructure-based Hybrid Solar Cells (DST SERB Sponsored ECRA Grant-2018-2021, 26.7 Lakhs)
- Studies on electronic and optical properties in group III-V-N quaternary semiconductor quantum dots using density functional theory and k dot p method (CSIR Sponsored Project, 2019-2022, 17.1 Lakhs)
2. D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, “Transport of Nitrogen Atoms during the Liquid Phase Epitaxial Growth of InGaAsN” Environmental Science and Engineering 2014, pp 783-785
3. D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das and S. Dhar , “Valence Band Anticrossing Model for InAs1-xBix by k·p method” Frontiers in Computer, Communication and Electrical Engineering 2016, pp 437-440.
4. D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das and S. Dhar, “Calculation of Valence Band Structure of GaSb1-xBix using Valence Band Anticrossing Model in the dilute Bi regime”, Springer Proceedings of Physics, Vol 178, pp 243-248
5. D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das and S. Dhar, “Effect of bismuth incorporation on the Growth Kinetics and Valence Band Structure for InP1-xBix grown using Liquid Phase Epitaxy”, Springer Proceedings of Physics, Vol 178, pp-249-255
6. I. Mal, A. Hazra, D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das, “Computation of Electronic and Optical properties of GaAsSbN Using 16-Band k•p Hamiltonian” International Workshop on the Physics of Semiconductor and Devices, pp. 241-248 (2017).
7. I. Mal, A. Hazra, D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das, “Investigation of Electronic and Optical properties of GaSbBi/GaAs Type-II Quantum Wells Using 14-Band k•p Hamiltonian”, International Workshop on the Physics of Semiconductor and Devices, pp. 1013-1020 (2017).
- D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, “Transport of bismuth atoms during liquid phase epitaxial growth of InSbBi and GaSbBi”, Semiconductor Science and Technology, 28, 065007 (2013)
- D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, “Valence Band Structure of InAs1-xBixand InSb1-xBix and Alloy Semiconductor calculated using Valence Band Anticrossing Model”, The Scientific World Journal 2014, 704830 (2014) (Special Issue)
- D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das and S. Dhar, “Valence band anticrossing model for GaSb1−xBix and GaP1−xBix using k·p method”, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 40, 539 (2015)
- D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das and S. Dhar, “Calculation of Valence Band Structure and Band Dispersion in Indium containing III-V Bismides by k·p method”, Computational Materials Science, 111, 497 (2016)
- D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, “Influence of Bi-related impurity states on the bandgap and spin-orbit splitting energy of dilute III-V-Bi alloys: InP1-xBix, InAs1-xBix, InSb1-xBix and GaSb1-xBix”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 89, 112 (2016)
- D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, “Estimation of Bi induced changes in the direct E0 band gap of III–V-Bi alloys and comparison with experimental data”, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 484, 27 (2016)
- D. P. Samajdar, M. K. Bhowal, T. D. Das and S. Dhar, “Investigation of the below band gap infrared absorption properties of GaSbBi epitaxial layers grown on GaSb”, Journal of Material Science: Materials in Electronics, 27, 8641 (2016).
- T. D. Das, D. P. Samajdar, M. K. Bhowal, S. C. Das and S. Dhar, “Photoluminescence studies of GaSbBi quantum dots grown on GaAs by liquid phase epitaxy”, Current Applied Physics, 16, 1615 (2016).
- D. P. Samajdar, U. Das, A. S. Sharma, S. Das and S. Dhar, “Influence of Bi and N related impurity states on the band structure and band offsets of GaSbBiN alloys”, Current Applied Physics, 16, 1687 (2016).
- I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das, “Effect of Sb and N resonant states on the band structure and carrier effective masses of GaAs1-x-yNxSby alloys and GaAs1-x-yNxSby/GaAs quantum wells calculated using k•p Hamiltonian” Superlattices and Microstructures, 106, 20 (2017)
- I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das, “Calculation of Band Structure and Optical Gain of Type-II GaSbBi/GaAs Quantum Wells Using 14- Band k•p Hamiltonian”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 109, 442 (2017).
- D. Roy, D. P. Samajdar, “Analytical modeling and performance study of GaAsNSb based single junction solar cell lattice matched to GaAs substrate for use in tandem solar cells”, Solar Energy, 158, 483 (2017).
- A. Hazra, I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, T. D. Das, “Analytical modelling of organic solar cells with scattering interface”, Optik, 168, 747 (2018).
- I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, A. J. Peter, “Theoretical studies on band structure and optical gain of GaInAsN/GaAs cylindrical quantum dot”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 119, 103 (2018).
- A. Srivastava, D. P. Samajdar, D. Sharma, “Role of Nano-architectures in the Efficiency Enhancement of Low Bandgap Polymer Solar Cells: A Review”, Solar Energy, 173, 905 (2018).
- I. Mal, J. Jayarubi, Subhasis Das, A. S. Sharma, J. A. Peter, D. P. Samajdar, “Hydrostatic Pressure Dependent Study of the Optoelectronic Properties of InGaAsN/GaAs Spherical Quantum dots for LASER Diode Applications”, Physica Status Solidi (b), (2018)
- C. Rajan, D. Sharma, D. P. Samajdar, “Implementation Of Physical Unclonable Functions Using Hetero Junction Based GAA TFET”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 126, 72 (2018).
- I. Mal, D. P. Panda, D. P. Samajdar, S. Chakrabarti, “Analytical Modeling of Temperature and Power Dependent Photoluminescence (PL) Spectra of InAs/GaAs Quantum Dots”, Journal of Applied Physics, 124, 145701 (2018).
- T. Hidouri, I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, F. Saidi, T. D. Das, “Impact of localization phenomenon and temperature on the photoluminescence spectra of GaSbBi alloys and GaSbBi/GaAs quantum dots”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 129, 252 (2019).
- I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, “Influence of Hydrostatic Pressure on the Performance of GaAsSbN/GaAs Quantum Well Based Optoelectronic Devices”, Sensor Letters (Accepted).
- D V Prashant, D. P. Samajdar and D Sharma, "Optical simulation and geometrical optimization of P3HT/GaAs nanowire hybrid solar cells for maximal photocurrent generation via enhanced light absorption", Solar Energy, 194, 848 (2019)
- Sachchidanand, D. P. Samajdar Light-trapping strategy for PEDOT: PSS/c-Si nanopyramid based hybrid solar cells embedded with metallic nanoparticles, Solar Energy, 190, 278 (2019)
- D. Soni, A. K. Behera, D. Sharma, D. P. Samajdar and D. S. Yadav, "Structural Modification of Doped Tunnel Field Effect Transistor for Enhanced Conduction Current and Lower Subthreshold Swing", Journal of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, 14, 1539 (2019).
- Chithraja Rajan, Dheeraj Sharma, Amit Behera, Anil Lodhi, Dip Samajdar, "Implementation of∑ Δ ADC Using Electrically Doped III-V Ternary Alloy Semiconductor Nano Wire TFET ", Micro and Nano Letters, 15, 266 (2020).
- I. Mal, D. P. Panda, B. Tongbram, S. Chakrabarti, D. P. Samajdar, "An Analytical Approach to study Annealing Induced Interdiffusion of In and Ga for Truncated Pyramidal InAs/GaAs Quantum Dots ", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 19, 223 (2020).
- T. Hidouri, M. Biswas, I. Mal, S. Nasr, S. Chakrabarti, D. P. Samajdar, F. Saidi, "Engineering of carrier localization in BGaAs SQW for novel intermediate band solar cells: Thermal annealing effect ", Solar Energy, 199, 183 (2020).
- C. Rajan, D. P. Samajdar, J. Patel, A. Lodhi, S. K. Agnihotri, D. Sharma and A. Kumar, "Linearity and Reliability Analysis of an Electrically Doped Hetero Material Nanowire TFET", Journal of Electronic Materials, April 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-020-08143-5.
- T. Hidouri, S. Nasr, I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, F. Saidia, R. Hamilaa, H. Maaref, “BGaAs strain compensation layer in novel BGaAs/InGaAs/BGaAs heterostructure: Exceptional tunability”, Applied Surface Science, 524, 146573, (2020).
- S. K. Agnihotri , D. P. Samajdar , C. Rajan , A. S. Yadav, G. Ganesh, “Performance analysis of gate engineered dielectrically modulated TFET biosensors, International Journal of Electronics”, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2020.1793407
- Sachchidanand, D.P. Samajdar, “Performance enhancement of Nanopyramid based Si hybrid solar cells utilizing the plasmonic properties of oxide coated Metal Nanoparticles”, Optical Materials, 107, 110166 (2020).
- A. Lodhi, C. Rajan, D. Sharma, A. K. Behera, D. P. Samajdar, A. Kumar, “Implementation of digital to analog converter through CP based GaAs/GaSb nanowire GAA TFET”, Applied Physics A, 126, 487 (2020).
- I. Mal, R. K. Mahato, V. Tiwari, D. P. Samajdar, “First principle studies on the structural, thermodynamic and optoelectronic properties of Boron Bismuth: A promising candidate for mid-infrared optoelectronic applications”, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 121, 105352 (2020).
- I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, “InSbNBi/InSb heterostructures for Long Wavelength Infrared Photodetector Applications: A 16 band k dot p study”, Journal of Applied Physics (2020).
- Ankit Dixit and D. P. Samajdar, " Extraction of performance parameters of nanoscale SOI LDD-FinFET using a semi-analytical model of capacitance and channel potential for low-power applications ", Applied Physics A, 126, 1-14 (2020).
- C. Rajan, D. P. Samajdar, “Design Principles for a Novel Lightweight Configurable PUF Using a Reconfigurable FET”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 67, 5797 (2020)
- Zahra Arefinia, D. P. Samajdar, “Novel semi-analytical optoelectronic modeling based on homogenization theory for realistic plasmonic polymer solar cells”, Scientific Reports, 11, 3261 (2021).
- S. K. Agnihotri, D. P. Samajdar, Z Arefinia, “Design of InP-based truncated nanopyramid solar cells with conformal coating of PEDOT: PSS for improved light harvesting efficiency”, Optical Materials, 110, 110475 (2020)
- V. Tiwari, I. Mal, S K agnihotri, D. P. Samajdar, “First principle studies on the structural and optoelectronic properties of boron antimonide: A promising candidate for photovoltaic applications”, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 122, 105505 (2020).
- D. V. Prashant, D. P. Samajdar and Z. Arefinia, “FDTD-Based Optimization of Geometrical Parameters and Material Properties for GaAs-Truncated Nanopyramid Solar Cells”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 68, 1135, (2021).
D. P. Samajdar and S. Dhar, “Energy band gap characteristics of GaP1−xBix calculated using Quantum Dielectric Theory and Valence Band Anticrossing model” ICECI 2014, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
T. D. Das, D. P. Samajdar, M. K. Bhowal and S. Dhar, “Liquid Phase Epitaxial Growth and Low Temperature Photoluminescence of InPBi and GaSbBi”, IWPSD 2015, Bangalore, India.
P. K. Podder, D. Mallick, D. P. Samajdar, A. Bhattacharyya, “Design, Simulation and Study of MEMS Based Micro-needles and Micro-pump for Biomedical Applications” COMSOL Conference, Bangalore, India, 2011.
P. K. Podder, D. Mallick, D. P. Samajdar and A. Bhattacharyya, “Design and simulation of micro-pump, micro-valve and micro-needle for biomedical applications”, CODEC, Kolkata, India, 2012 DOI: 10.1109/CODEC.2012.6509359
P. K. Podder, D. P. Samajdar, D. Mallick, A. Bhattacharyya, “Design, Simulation and Study of Micro-pump, Micro-valve and Micro-needle for Biomedical Applications” COMSOL Conference, Bangalore, India, 2012
“Performance Analysis of CdTe based PV Array using Parameter Extraction Techniques” D. Roy, I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, IEEE EDKCON 2018, Kolkata, 24-25th December, 2018.
“Hydrostatic Pressure Study of GaAsSbN/GaAs Quantum Well Based Optoelectronic Devices” I. Mal, D. P. Samajdar, D. Roy, IEEE EDKCON 2018, Kolkata, 24-25th December, 2018
Feel free to contact