Assistant Professor in the field of Physics
I am a theoretical physicist. Presently I am investigating spintronic properties of 2-D materials and self-assembly process in nanomaterials using Density Functional Theory.
Electronic structure calculations, 2-D materials, Organic Electronics, Spintronics and nano-devices
- Aug. 2014-Till date Library Committee (NS Representative)
- Feb. 2014-June 2017 Technical Counselor of PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur
Managing Technical Activities
- International Travel Grant
International Travel grant from International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) Italy to attend International Workshop and Hands-on-Training on Electronic Structure Calculations held at ICTP Italy.
- DST Young Scientist Award
I have been awarded DST Young Scientist Research Project worth of Rs. 19,93,200/- to study the Electronic and Spintronic Properties of Functionalized Graphene Nanoribbons.
- Outstanding Reviewer Contribution
Selected as an outstanding reviewer for Applied Surface Science (an Elsevier Journal).
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
|NS 205h||Materials Science||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|MN201||Materials Science & Manufacturing Processes||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|NS 104||Electrodynamics and Quantum Mechanics||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Computational Physics, Electronic Structures, 2-D Materials, Spintronics and Nano Sensors
Published by CRC Press, USA.
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Goran Kovačević and B. Pivac, Reconstructed graphene nanoribbon as a sensor for nitrogen based species, Appl. Surf. Sci. 357, 55-59 (2015) (ISSN: 0169-4332)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, First principles calculations of armchair graphene nanoribbons interacting with Cu atoms, Physica-E 44(1), 75-79 (2011) (ISSN: 1386-9477)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Structural stability and electronic properties of Ni doped armchair graphene nanoribbons, Solid State Commun. 151(15), 1490-95 (2011) (ISSN: 0038-1098)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Ab-initio study of transition metal (Ni) interaction with zigzag graphene nanoribbons, J. Comput. Theo. Nanosci. 9(4), 555-59 (2012) (ISSN: 1546-1955)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, First principles calculations of cobalt doped zigzag graphene nanoribbons, Solid State Commun. 152 (20), 1489-92 (2012) (ISSN: 0038-1098)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Enhanced metallicity and spin polarization in zigzag graphene nanoribbons with Fe impurities, Physica E 54, 103-08 (2013) (ISSN: 1386-9477)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Fe-doped armchair graphene nanoribbons for spintronic/interconnect applications, IEEE Trans. Nanotech. 12(5), 685-91 (2013) (ISSN: 1536-125X)
- Pankaj Srivastava, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and G. K. Tripathi, Chlorine sensing properties of zigzag boron nitride nanoribbons, Solid State Commun. 185, 41-46 (2014) (ISSN: 0038-1098)
- Pankaj Srivastava, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Varun Sharma, First-principles investigation of armchair boron nitride nanoribbons for sensing PH3 gas molecules, Superlatt. Microstruc. 73, 50-58 (2014) (ISSN: 0749-6036)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Neha Tyagi, Amit Kumar and Pankaj Srivastava, Inducing half-metallicity with enhanced stability in zigzag graphene nanoribbons via fluorine passivation, Appl. Surf. Sci. 396, 471-79 (2017). (ISSN: 0169-4332)
- Mohit Gupta, Nitesh Gaur, Puneet Kumar, Sangeeta Singh, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and P. N. Kondekar, Tailoring the electronic properties of a Z-shaped graphene field effect transistor via B/N doping, Phys. Lett. A 379(7), 710-718 (2015) (ISSN: 0375-9601)
- Pankaj Srivastava, Varun Sharma and Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Adsorption of COCl2 gas molecule on armchair boron nitride nanoribbons for nano sensor applications, Microelectronic Engg. 146, 62-67 (2015) (ISSN: 0167-9317)
- Hari Mohan Rai, Shailendra K. Saxena, Vikash Mishra, Ravikiran Late, Rajesh Kumar, Pankaj R. Sagdeo, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Half-metallicity in Armchair Boron Nitride Nanoribbons: A First-Principles Study, Solid State Commun. 212, 19-24.
- Sangeeta Singh, P. N. Kondekar and Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Label-Free biosensor using nanogap embedded dielectric modulated Schottky tunneling source impact ionization MOS, Microelectronic Engg. 149, 129-34 (2016) (ISSN: 0167-9317)
- Hari Mohan Rai, Shailendra K. Saxena, Vikash Mishra, Ravikiran Late, Rajesh Kumar, Pankaj R. Sagdeo, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Pankaj Srivastava, Possibility of spin-polarized transport in edge fluorinated armchair boron nitride nanoribbons, RSC Advances 6, 11014-1-9 (2016).
- Pankaj Srivastava, Avaneesh Kumar and Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Structural, electronic and magnetic properties of Mn-doped InP nanowire, Superlatt. Microstruc., 92, 134-42 (2016) (ISSN: 0749-6036)
- Pankaj Srivastava, Avaneesh Kumar, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and Varun Sharma, First-principles study of electronic properties of GaN Nanowires: Effect of surface orientation, passivation and Mn-doping, Phys. Status Solidi B 253, 2185-96 (2016).
- S. Inge, Neeraj K. Jaiswal and P. N. Kondekar, Realizing negative differential resistance/Switching phenomena in zigzag GaN nanoribbons by edge fluorination: A DFT investigation, Adv. Mater. Inter. 4, 1700400 (2017) (ISSN: 2196-7350)
- Neha Tyagi, Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Goran Kovačević and Pankaj Srivastava, On the evolution and electronic properties of self-assembled Au nanowires, Comput. Mater. Sci. 130, 222-31 (2017) (ISSN: 0927-0256)
- Neha Tyagi, Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Varun Sharma, Kamal K. Jha and Pankaj Srivastava, Intrinsic half metallicity in lithium terminated zigzag graphene nanoribbons, Solid State Commun. 250, 112-18 (2017). (ISSN: 0038-1098)
- Varun Sharma, Pankaj Srivastava and Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Prospects of asymmetrically H-terminated zigzag germanene nanoribbons for spintronic application, Appl. Surf. Sci. 396, 1352-59 (2017). (ISSN: 0169-4332)
- Neeraj K. Jaiswal, Tailoring the electronic properties of zigzag graphene nanoribbons via sp2/sp3 edge functionalization with H/F, Org. Elect. 51, 25-37 (2017).
|Shashank Inge||Completed||2017||GaN Nanoribbons for nanoelectronic applications||Prof. P. N. Kondekar|
Feel free to contact