Assistant Professor in the field of Electronics & Communications Engineering
Professional: Power Systems, Power Electronics, Power Quality. Personal: Spiritual Mediation
Dec. 2009- Dec. 2012
- M. Tech.
Power Apparatus & Electric Drives
- - Oct. 2002-Dec. 2006 as Engineer
- - Jan. 2007-Dec. 2007 as Sr. Engineer
- - Dec. 2007-July 2013 as Research Engineer
PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur
- - July 2013- as Assistant Professor
PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur
- Sept. 2016-To date Convener, Safety Committee
- June 2016-To date Faculty Adviser (Electrical)
- May 2016-April 2017 Member, IWD Tender Committee
- Jan. 2016-To date Convener, Transport Service Committee
- Feb. 2016-To date Member, Start-Up India program committee
- Jan. 2016-Sept. 2017 Member, Campus Development & Welfare Committee
- Oct. 2014- Member, Departmental Post Graduate Committee
- April 2014-To date Member, Counseling Service Committee
- Sept. 2012-To date Member, Central Purchase Committee
- Jan. 2013-June 2016 Associate Warden, Hall IV
- Feb. 2009-Dec. 2009 Convener, Central Purchase Committee
- March 2008-Feb. 2009 Member, Institute Communication Policy Committee
- Best Paper Award
For the paper titled “Work-Life Balance: A Challenge for Industries” conferred at the NTPC Award Ceremony-2007.
- General Manager Special Award
For outstanding contribution in breakdown handling and restoration of Generation Transformer in record time at NTPC Rihand.
- POSOCO Power System Award
For doctoral research work, oriented towards solving practical industrial problems related to power quality.
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute||Department||Link|
|EC202||Instrumentation & Measurement||UG/||IIITDM Jabalpur||Electronics & Communication Engineering||h|
|EC522||Power Electronics & Drives||PG/PhD||IIITDM Jabalpur||Electronics & Communication Engineering||t|
|EC521||Special Topics in Power & Control||PG/PhD||Electronics & Communication Engineering||t|
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Power & Control
- Load Forecasting for MP state
Funding of Rs. 22 Lakh from MPPTCL in 2019. Status: Approved.
- Energy Audit: IIITDMJ
Funding of Rs. 1.5 Lakh from IIITDMJ in 2016. Status: Completed in Dec. 2018.
- Real-time harmonics estimation
Funding of Rs. 19.75 Lakh from SERB (DST) in Dec. 2013. Status: Completed in June 2017.
- Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
1. V. K. Singh, P. K. Padhy and S. K. Jain, "IMC based PID controller tuning for unstable SOPDT processes," Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 102, pp. 102-108, 2010.
2. S. K. Jain and S. N. Singh, "Harmonics estimation in emerging power system: Key issues and challenges," Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 81, no. 9, pp. 1754-1766, Sept. 2011.
3. S. K. Jain and S.N. Singh, "Exact model order ESPRIT technique for harmonics and interharmonics estimation," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1915-1923, July 2012.
4. S. K. Jain, S. N. Singh, and J. Singh, "An adaptive time-efficient technique for harmonic estimation of nonstationary signals," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 3295-3303, 2013.
5. S. K. Jain and S. N. Singh, "Fast harmonic estimation of stationary and time-varying signals using EA-AWNN," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, vol.62, no.2, pp.335-343, Feb. 2013.
6. S. K. Jain and S. N. Singh, "Low-order dominant harmonics estimation using the adaptive wavelet neural network," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 428-435, 2014.
7. S. K. Jain, "An Algorithm for Dealing with Time-Varying Signal within Sliding-Window for Harmonics Estimation," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, DOI: 10.1049/iet-smt.2015.0073.
8. V. K. Tiwari and S. K. Jain, "Hardware implementation of polyphase decomposition based wavelet filters for power system harmonics estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, DOI: 10.1109/TIM.2016.2540861.
9. S. K. Jain, P. Jain and S. N. Singh, "A fast harmonic phasor measurement method for smart grid applications," IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2590599.
10. Rajiv Dey, S. K. Jain, Prabin K. Padhy, “Robust Closed Loop Reference MRAC with PI Compensator,” IET Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 10/18, Page-2378-2386, 2016.
11. P. Jain, Atul K. Tiwari and S. K. Jain, Harmonic Source Identification in Distribution System using ESPRIT-THP Method, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement & Control, Accepted for publication, 2017.
Feel free to contact