Assistant Professor in the field of Computer Science & Engineering
Presently, I am working in the area of Indoor Localization, Energy Efficient Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANET) and IoT.
Indoor Localization in Wireless Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANET), IoT
- M.Tech (Computer Technology)
- - 29 July 2013-Till date as Assistant Professor
- - 06 August 2012-27 July 2013 as Associate Professor (On Contract)
- - 01 July 2016-30 April 2018 as Warden, Hall-4
- - 27 June 2014-30 June 2016 as Warden, Hall-1
- - 05 August 2016-Till date as Co-coordinator, Computer Center
- Senior Member, IEEE
Current & Previous
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute||Department||Link|
|CS307||Computer Networks||UG/PG/PhD||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur||Computer Science & Engineering||http://web.iiitdmj.ac.in/~vkjain/CS307.html|
|CS302L||Computer Networks Lab||UG/PG/PhD||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Course Code||Course name||Category||Institute|
|CS609||Wireless Sensor Networks||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|CS608||Mobile and Wireless Networks||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|CS202||Computer System Organisation and Architecture||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|CS203||Database Design and Management||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|IT203||Oops with Java||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
|IT101||Fundamentals of Computing||UG/||PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur|
Areas or Specialisation / Project Activities / Publications / Books
Indoor Localization in Wireless Networks, WSN, Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
- Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Mobile and Multi Sink Wireless Sensor Network
The objective of this project is to develop energy-efficient routing protocols with heterogeneity support in case of a mobile sink that will solve specific WSN related challenges including load balancing, delay minimization, reliable data delivery, efficient coverage, and minimizing energy consumption.
- Indu Jain, Vinod Kumar Jain, Renu Jain, " Correlation Feature Selection based improved-Binary Particle Swarm Optimization for Gene Selection and Cancer Classification", Applied Soft Computing Journal, Elsevier, Volume 62, 2018, Pages 203-215, ISSN 1568-4946, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2017.09.038.
- S. Maurya and V. K. Jain, "Energy-Efficient Network Protocol for Precision Agriculture: Using threshold sensitive sensors for optimal performance.," in IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 42-51, July 2017. doi: 10.1109/MCE.2017.2684960
- Sonam Maurya, Vinod Kumar Jain, Fuzzy based energy efficient sensor network protocol for precision agriculture, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Volume 130, 2016, Pages 20-37, ISSN 0168-1699, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2016.09.016.
- Jain, V. K.; Tapaswi, Shashikala; Shukla, Anupam, “RSS Fingerprints based Distributed Semi-supervised Locally Linear Embedding (DSSLLE) Location Estimation System for Indoor WLAN”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer US. ISSN: 0929-6212, Volume 71, Issue 2 pp. 1175-1192, 2013.
- Jain, V. K.; Tapaswi, Shashikala; Shukla, Anupam, “Performance Analysis of Received Signal Strength Fingerprinting based Distributed Location Estimation System for indoor WLAN”, Wireless Personal Communication, Springer US, ISSN: 0929-6212, Vol. 70, Issue 1, Vol. 70, Issue 1 pp. 113-127., 2013.
- Jain, V. K.; Tapaswi, Shashikala; Shukla, Anupam, “Location Estimation Based on Semi-Supervised Locally Linear Embedding (SSLLE) Approach for Indoor Wireless Networks”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer US, ISSN: 0929-6212, Vol. 67 Issue 4 pp.879-893, 2012.
- Sushil Tiwari, Vinod Kumar Jain, “Smartphone based Improved Floor Determination Technique for Multi-Floor Buildings”, World Congress on Engineering 2018 (WCE 2018), July 4-6, 2018, London, U.K. (Accepted)
- Debanjan Roy Chowdhury, Vinod Kumar Jain, Sonam Maurya, “TAFDRV: Travel Angle based Fast Data Dissemination to Relevant Vehicles in VANET” 2018 41st International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), July 4-6, 2018, Athens, Greece. (Accepted)
- Sushil Tiwari, Vinod Kumar Jain, “Optimum Grid Size Estimation using Fuzzy-AHP for Radio Fingerprinting based Indoor Localization” 2018 41st International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), July 4-6, 2018, Athens, Greece. (Accepted)
- S. Maurya and V. K. Jain, "EECP: An energy efficient coverage preserving protocol for heterogeneous sensor networks," 2017 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems (ANTS), Bhubaneswar, India, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ANTS.2017.8384160
- Sonali Sunil Chaudhari, Sonam Maurya and V. K. Jain, "MAEER: Mobility aware energy efficient routing protocol for Internet of Things," 2017 Conference on Information and Communication Technology (CICT), Gwalior, India, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMTECH.2017.8340624.
- Shikha, S. Maurya and V. K. Jain, "EHDP: An efficient hybrid data dissemination protocol for dense irregular urban vehicular ad-hoc networks," 2017 Conference on Information and Communication Technology (CICT), Gwalior, India, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMTECH.2017.8340623
- S. Maurya, V. Gupta and V. K. Jain, "LBRR: Load Balanced Ring Routing Protocol for Heterogeneous Sensor Networks with Sink Mobility," 2017 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), San Francisco, CA, 2017, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/WCNC.2
- S. Tiwari and V. K. Jain, "Heron-Bilateration based location estimation technique for indoor WLAN," 2017 International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN), Da Nang, 2017, pp. 13-17. doi: 10.1109/ICOIN.2017.7899445
- S. Maurya and V. K. Jain, "Threshold sensitive region-based hybrid routing protocol for precision agriculture," 2016 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Doha, 2016, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/WCNC.2016.7564665
- V. K. Jain, S. Tapaswi and A. Shukla, "Distributed location estimation system using WLAN received signal strength fingerprints," 2012 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Paris (France), 2012, pp. 3102-3106. doi: 10.1109/WCNC.2012.6214
- Jain, V.K.; Tapaswi, S.; Shukla, A.; , “SSLLE: Semi-supervised Locally Linear Embedding based Localization method for Indoor Wireless Networks”, in proceedings of International Conference on Neural Computation Theory and Application (NCTA), 2011, Paris (France).
- Jain, V.K.; Tapaswi, S.; Shukla, A.; , "Distributed Growing Radial Basis Function Neural Networks for Location Estimation in Indoor Wireless Networks", in proceedings of 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), Chengdu, China, 2010.
- Gupta, A.; Tapaswi, S.; Jain, V.K.; , "Recurrent Grid Based Voting Approach for Location Estimation in Wireless Sensor Networks”, in proceedings of the Symposia and Workshops on Ubiquitous, Autonomic and Trusted Computing. UIC-ATC '09, Brisbane, Australia, 2009
Organising the Conference on Information and Communication Technology (CICT 2018) as one of the General Chairs at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur during 26-28 October 2018.
Organised Design Workshop 2017 (DeW 2017) as one of the organizing committee member at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur during 09-11 December 2017.
Organised (with Dr. Ruchir Gupta) a two-week FDP on “Fundamentals of Computer Networks and Security” at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur from 23 May-02 June 2017 under the genesis of Electronics and ICT Academy of IIITDM Jabalpur.
Organised (with Dr. Mataden Bansal) a one-week workshop on “Network Simulation and Tools (NS3 and Omnet++)” at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur from 04-09 February 2017 under the genesis of Electronics and ICT Academy of IIITDM Jabalpur.
Organised (with Dr. Pritee Khanna) a National Conference on Smart Cities (NCSC 2016) at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur from 25th – 26th November 2016.
Organised (with Dr. Atul Gupta) a one-week workshop on “Android Application Development for Fun and Profit” at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur from 14-20 December 2015 under the genesis of Electronics and ICT Academy of IIITDM Jabalpur.
Organised (with Dr. Anurag Singh and Dr. Ruchir Gupta ) a Symposium on Next Generation Networks at PDPM-IIITDM Jabalpur from 12th – 15th March 2015.
Organised (with Dr. Vibhakar Srimali and Dr. Jyotsana Grover) a short-term Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition at NIT Delhi from 18th - 22nd June 2013.
Attended and presented a paper titled “LBRR: Load Balanced Ring Routing Protocol for Heterogeneous Sensor Networks with Sink Mobility” in IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference 2017 (IEEE WCNC 2017), at San Francisco, CA, USA,19-22 March 2017.
Attended and presented a paper titled “Distributed Location Estimation Systems using WLAN Received Signal Fingerprints” in IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference 2012 (IEEE WCNC 2012), at Paris (France), 1-4 April 2012.
Feel free to contact
Vinod Kumar Jain